- - Housekeeping
- FL, USA
- Full Time
Accountable To: Executive Housekeeper
Primary Objective of Position
To maximize customer satisfaction by providing neat and clean customer rooms through the supervision, direction, and coordination of the housekeeper/room cleaners.
- - Supervises room cleaners in the prompt and efficient housekeeping of customer rooms
- Ensures that all rooms have been cleaned by checking room cleaners worksheets at the end of the day – notifies front desk accordingly
- Supervises the completion of short notice requests for room changes
- Notifies supervisors of any rooms requiring the replacement or repair of furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Inspects all check out/stay over rooms after they are made up to ensure they are cleaned to Trust standards.
- Keeps record of room checkouts/stay overs, submits records to housekeeping every day
- Monitors quality of rooms by conducting and documenting inspections of cleaned rooms
- - Prepares maintenance work orders in regard to replacement or repair of furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Ensures completion by following through on orders
- - Checks the status of rooms on an ongoing basis and notifies room cleaners of any changes
- Checks VIP rooms
- Checks early morning make-up rooms
- Coordinates cleaning of guestrooms for proper prioritization of customer requests; VIP rooms, check-out rooms, expected check-out rooms, etc.
- - Checks floor linen closets daily for cleanliness, adequate supplies and linen
- Assures carts are properly stored and vacuum cleaners are emptied at the end of each day
- Assists in quarterly inventory of all linen
- Ensures safety by assuring that all linen chutes are kept locked at all times
- - Coordinates housekeeping work with related departments such as front desk, engineering, banquet services and room services
- - Ensures adherence to Trust Standard Operating Procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Trust standards are being applied
- Responsible for assisting with the training and direction of new department associates
- Ensure all Housekeeping quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations
- Responsible for alerting maintenance to quality issues.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the Director of Housekeeping
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Maintenance of Lost and Found
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures that blood borne pathogen procedures are being followed
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests' room numbers and policies regarding guest room access procedures
- May assist in training of housekeeping personnel on policy and procedures regarding guest rooms, access, accountability for keys and key procedures, lost and found procedures.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the hob, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Walking and standing are required for close to 100% of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. Minimum of three years housekeeping experience with at least one year in housekeeping supervisory role
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.