- - Restaurant
- FL, USA
- Full Time
Department: Food & Beverage
Accountable To: Outlet Supervisor, Assistant Outlet Manager, Outlet Manager
FLSA: Non Exempt
Primary Objective of Position
Provide friendly, courteous and efficient quality presentation of food and beverage service to all guests. Clean and set up tables in the outlet and perform other food service related duties, including general cleaning and set up.
- Clean, set and re-set tables continuously, assuming responsibility for station, tables and side duties.
- Serve water, bread and coffee and greet guests by name whenever possible during the course of meal service.
- Stack trays properly for efficient unloading for stewarding and ensure proper safety standards at all times.
- Have good knowledge of restaurant, menu, function space, guest rooms, outlets and services
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests using Trust Customer Service Standards
- Smile, have eye contact any greet guests immediately
- Seat guests immediately
- Handle special requests properly; anticipate guest's needs
- Promptly respond and resolve guest complaints
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous and friendly
- Use guests' names
- Actively ask for feedback from guests
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and the hotel services
- Adhere to all applicable Trust Standard Operating Procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Perform set up duties as requested to include side stations, storage areas and food staging area.
- Perform general cleaning tasks utilizing cleaning to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Fold napkins for meal period to maintain an adequate supply.
- May be asked to clear room service trays from corridors
- Attend required meetings
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time,
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Use effective communication through the use of notes
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures, lost and found items and security concerns
- Adhere to all Health Department requirements
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Knowledge of menu, food items, specials of the day
- Broad knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other associates.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 lbs., including but not limited to lifting trays of food or food items on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. No prior experience required. Customer service experience is preferred.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts