Front Desk Manager
- - Front Desk
- Hollywood , FL, USA
- Full Time
Department: Rooms Division
Accountable To: Rooms Management
Primary Objective of Position
Oversee the daily operations of the Guest Service Department. Ensure that front desk and communications meet hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction. Act as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service. Observe front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification and credit are established and all posting, card transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
- Observe front desk and telephone attendants and ensure that their duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, calls are handled both courteously and professionally, calls are answered on a timely basis and the proper greetings are used, messages and faxes are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through.
- Direct and train front desk staff and operators, Assist in new-hire and on-going training. Direct and assist front desk staff and telecommunications in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service. Review current days expected arrivals and check al VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, clocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment. Review the daily room availability and inform staff. Check status of departures on a daily basis. Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, telecommunications, the following shift supervisor and the applicable room's manager or GM.
- Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program
- Follow all applicable Trust Standard Operating Procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist Guest Relations/Receivable as necessary
- Any other duties as assigned by FOM, Rooms Director or GM
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of personnel. Will assist in discipline d termination procedures.
- Operate the department within Trust policies as they relate to the ethical codes, standards of good business practice and local laws and regulations.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests' room numbers
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
Bachelor's degree preferred, two to four years experience in front office/housekeeping/guest services, including at lease two years supervisory experience required.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts