Director of Sales
- - Sales
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
Department: Sales and Marketing
Accountable To: General Manager
Primary Objective of Position
Development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising activities of sales personnel, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Direct the activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of sales/revenues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, F&B sales and catering/banquet services.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Responsible for the development of hotel-level tactical sales plans to support overall system-wide plans/strategies and programs.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Assist the General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- In coordination with General Manager, serve as interface on media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the General Manger if necessary.
- Regularly work files for past and potential groups to generate repeat business for the hotel. Keep trace system up-to-date and in order.
- Attend weekly departmental and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication within the hotel. Discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail.
- Generate reports as required to measure business generated by the sales department.
- Follow all applicable Trust Standard Operating procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of sales plans. Monitor plans' effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Trust standards are being applied
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new sales administrative associates
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Coordinate efforts with Rooms Division in the weekly maintenance of room inventory status so as to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, sales blitzes, etc.
- Report on a regular basis to the GM on actual room numbers against budget and profit projections. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- - Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests' room numbers
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Position requires outside sales calls, driving to and from business contacts, walking, sitting, standing for various length of time.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, vending, repetitive motions, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment including computers, FAX machines, copiers, printers and calculators. Must be able to type 50 wpm.
Bachelor's degree and five years total experience in Hotel or Resort Sales.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards. Sales Manager must dress in professional, business attire at all times.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in their position may be asked to perform from time to time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts