- - Beverage
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
Department: Food & Beverage
Accountable To: Outlet Supervisor, Assistant Outlet Manager
FLSA: Non Exempt
Primary Objective of Position
Ensure that the bar is set and maintained so that the bar staff has everything it needs to run an effective operation, as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the outlet, running food, and set-up and breakdown of the bar.
- Prepare mixers, cut fruit, receive requisitions, check par levels, refill mixers, get ice, run food and collect and dispose of garbage.
- Sweep the floors, polish brass and steel, mop, clean glassware and wipe down mirrors in the outlet. Set-up and breakdown the bar.
- Assist bar staff when needed.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests using Trust Customer Service Standards
- Smile, have eye contact any greet guests immediately
- Handle special requests properly; anticipate guest's needs
- Promptly respond and resolve guest complaints
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous and friendly
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in taking dining room and room service orders
- Use guests' names
- Be knowledgeable of all cash handling procedures, room charges, etc.
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and the hotel services
- Adhere to all applicable Trust Standard Operating Procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist bar staff when necessary.
- Retrieve requisitions (beverage, food and non-food).
- Participate in the deep cleaning of the outlet.
- Document maintenance issues
- Attend required meetings
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time,
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Adhere to all state and federal requirements regarding to the sale of alcohol
- Adhere to all Health Department requirements
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Trust policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but not limited to, coffee maker and cash terminal.
- Must have strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards.
- Good knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Familiarity with all menu items
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 25 lbs on a regular and continuing basis and frequently lift up to 50 lbs., including, but not limited to, lifting trays of food or food items
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in cutting of fruit.
High school or equivalent education required. Prior bar experience preferred. Customer service experience is preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain Alcohol Awareness/food handlers' certification. Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.