Guest Room Attendant
- - Housekeeping
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
Primary Objective of Position:
- Clean guest rooms in accordance with established Trust quality and performance standards to allow a sufficient quantity of vacant and clean guest rooms for sale.
Housekeeping Skills/Essential Functions:
- Clean and reset guest bedroom and bathroom areas according to established standards.
- Cleaning guest rooms thoroughly including: Bed-Making, Vacuuming Floors and Carpets, Mopping Floors, Dusting and Wiping Walls and Ceilings, Dusting, Stocking/Supplies, Cleaning Mirrors and Windows, Cleaning Phones, Cleaning Furniture, Cleaning Refrigerator/Microwave/Coffee Maker, Clean rooms within allotted time.
- Clean Hallways and Common areas as assigned.
- Use chemicals, cleaners and cleaning equipment properly.
- Assist in "carpet-care" program by spotting carpet as room is cleaned.
- Notify Supervisor of bedspreads that need to be cleaned.
- Stock and maintain housekeeping cart and linen storage room.
- Be careful with hotel property, including hallways walls and equipment.
- Perform other duties as requested; perform other cleaning as requested.
- Clean guest bathrooms thoroughly including: Floors, Vanity, Bathtub and Shower Curtains, Stocking/Supplies, Toilet, Towels, Vent, Other
- Obtain and complete "room assignment sheet" properly.
- Document maintenance issues.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Supportive Functions/Teamwork Skills:
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping associates in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
- Take every opportunity to impress the guest.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints.
- Anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests immediately upon each encounter.
- Wear uniform and name tag with pride.
- Be groomed according to company standards.
- Handle special requests properly.
- Follow correct procedures for entering a guest room.
- Keep voices and other noise low on guest floors, especially in the morning.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team.
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior.
- Be understanding of, encouraging to, and friendly with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Communicate pertinent information to supervisor and co-workers.
- Care for co-workers' rooms, carts and equipment.
- Respond positively to new ideas.
- Accept critical/developmental feedback openly.
- Report to work on time.
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work.
- Work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- At all times projects a favorable image of Trust Management Services to the public.
Safety and Security: Safety and Security Skills:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety, security rules and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about bloodborne pathogen procedures.
- Properly document and store "lost and found" items.
- Use all chemicals and cleaners properly.
- Properly handle and account for keys.
- Ensure protection of guests' room numbers and policies regarding guest room access procedures.
- Responsible for following policy and procedures regarding guest rooms, access, accountability for keys and key procedures, lost and found procedures.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50bs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- High school or equivalent education required. No prior experience required. Hospitality experience desired.
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Accountable To: Housekeeping Supervisor/Director of Housekeeping