Director of Finance
- - Accounting
- Hollywood , FL, USA
- Full Time
Accountable To: General Manager
Primary Objective of Position
Plan, direct and manage the provisions of accurate, timely and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. Recommend remedial action when and where necessary. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems. Hire the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated highly skilled, trained staff available. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish of recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for Hotel.
- Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports, summarize and forecast hotel's revenues, expenses and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
- Ensure compliance with Trust policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel's vendors.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of hotel's accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Follow all Trust SOPs
- Adhere to Trust Standards of Communication
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member and leader of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Be available to help all departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the corporate office
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Be knowledgeable about cash handling procedures
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Desire to participate as a part of a team.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to manager, clients, customers and ownership.
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Microsoft Excel, and other applicable computer systems. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Must have excellent knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements, (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree in Accounting or related area preferred. Minimum of four to six years' related experience, including at least four years of supervisory experience.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts