Hostess / Host- Greeter- PT
- - Restaurant
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
Department: Food & Beverage
Accountable To: Outlet Supervisor, Outlet Manager
FLSA: Non Exempt
Primary Objective of Position
Receives and seats guests, supervises the dining room associates, maintains order and cleanliness, adjusts complaints, acts as cashier, may act as room service order-taker
- Immediately smile, have eye contact, greet guests entering the dining room and escort them to the table; present menu and place in front of each guest
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous and friendly
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in taking dining room and room service orders
- May instruct the service personnel
- Inspects the dining room and directs the service personnel to change table linen or to set the table when necessary
- Takes table reservations
- Have complete knowledge of restaurant, menu, function space, guest rooms, outlets and services
- Present checks to guests promptly
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests using Trust Customer Service Standards
- Handle special requests properly; anticipate guest's needs
- Promptly respond and resolve guest complaints
- Use guests' names
- Actively ask for feedback from guests
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and the hotel services
- Adheres to all applicable Trust Standard Operating Procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Effectively utilize manual or computerized register
- Document maintenance issues
- Attend required meetings
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Properly document all transactions
- Handle and account for all cash, checks, and credit cards
- Adhere to proper procedures for charging meals to guest rooms
- Balance and close shift properly
- Set dining room at beginning and end of meal period
- May need to assist with clearing, cleaning and resetting tables
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time,
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, memorandums
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for register keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures, lost and found items and security concerns
- Adhere to all state and federal requirements regarding to the sale of alcohol
- Adhere to all Health Department requirements
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items, prices and methods of preparation. And to use suggestive selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. Customer service experience is preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain Alcohol Awareness/food handlers' certification. Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts