PBX Telephone Attendant-PM
- - Front Desk
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
Accountable To: Telephone Systems Supervisor, Front Office Manager
FLSA: Non Exempt
Summary of Position
Answer and direct calls for guests and staff. Handle guests' messages and requests. Responsible for proper execution of emergency procedures.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests immediately
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous, and friendly. Answer all calls using the guest's name and an established script. Assist guests with voice mail and messages.
- Follow wake-up call procedures to make sure every request is completed on time. Page hotel associates.
- Execute emergency procedures. Notify appropriate associates of emergencies according to established code language.
- Connect or assist with the installation and/or connection of convention telephone services.
- Assist in replacing broken phones in guest rooms.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints.
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and hotel services
- Seek information and know names of incoming VIPs
- Follow all applicable Trust Standard Operating Procedures
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Answer the priority hot line calls when the guest relations' department is closed.
- Contact the hotel security when a guest is ill and log the call in the emergency handbook.
- Log after hours service requests, systems calls, etc.
- Review the information posted on VIPs and communication centers.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger
- Adhere to all work rules, Trust procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests' room numbers or any confidential matters
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities; General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
- Knowledge of all communications related equipment including telephone console, computer terminal, emergency panels, paging equipment, printer, fax, guest administration console.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- - Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch and type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machine
High School or equivalent education required. Prior experience in a public contact position is preferred.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards