- - Accounting
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
Trust Hospitality is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accounting Manager for our property in Hollywood, FL. Excellent chance for advancement within the company.
Accountable To: Controller
Primary Objective of Position
Assist the Controller to oversee hotel accounting department in its efforts to achieve maximum profitability for the hotel.
- Assists in maintaining secure assets, minimizing outstanding receivables and minimizing investment in inventories, via utilization of computer system
- Experience with A/P, A/R, cashiering, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists in the final analysis of month-end Profit and Loss Statement
- Assists with implementing and maintaining appropriate financial controls in all departments.
- Maintains accounting standards with established Trust Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists with preparing accurate and timely month-end financial statements and related reports.
- Prepares daily income audit to include weekly and monthly statistical information.
- Oversee security of assets and maintains internal controls.
- Assists with submitting accurate payroll information.
- Advises Controller of trends of discrepancies with respect to cash overages and shortages.
- Assists with ensuring A/R, aging, billing, tracking and pursuing of all past due accounts; collects all NSF accounts on a regular monthly basis is done.
- Balances all charges and cash to all check outs.
- Balances the cash balance journal daily.
- Conducts audits of all revenue centers and of departmental payroll, on a random basis.
- Ensures the competence of all cash handlers on property.
- Follow all Trust SOPs
- Adhere to Trust Standards of Communication
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Administers daily activities of the Accounting office as to proper utilization of computer equipment.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Be available to help all departments in emergency situations
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Be knowledgeable about cash handling procedures
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Desire to participate as a part of a team.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to manager, clients, customers and ownership.
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Microsoft Excel, and other applicable computer systems.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for 6-8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision..
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements, (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
Minimum of two years college education with emphasis in accounting required. Four years previous hotel accounting experience required.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts